Rotary Whangaparaoa: Summary of the 2017/18 years achievements
Report to the 2018 Changeover Meeting.
Our Three Primary Objectives have been
1) Rotary Image and Awareness
2) Support and Strengthen our Club
3) Increase Humanitarian Services
In (1) • we have had a regular page on facebook,
• We have published “Hand-out” cards
• we have achieved regular publicity in local newspapers
• We have hosted a public “Meet the Election Candidates” forum.
In (2) * We have had an interesting and varied fortnightly club programme
• We have undertaken a membership drive – yet to be completed
• We have updated our Club Constitution
• We have had a program of Rotary Centred Presentations
a) The Tanzanian Mwika Project
b) The Kenyan “Beyond Water” Project
c) Presentation on Takapuna Club’s rejuvenation
d) Presentation on Romac
e) Presentation on Membership
f) Several Club forums on what the Club aspires to become
g) We won the Potato growing competition against Orewa Club
h) We have had several videos of Rotary International Projects
In (3) • We have planted 103 Trees (A specific Rotary International project).
• For the community, we have
For the Club, we have undertaken several “strategic” forums, to determine the future direction that members wish us to explore, and produced a report and recommendations to the incoming President for the re-organisation of the Club.
On average, the above list represents a significant achievement every two weeks throughout the year.